Saturday, June 4, 2011

Can a nutritional shake be the answer?

Hello Everyone,

Recently a friend of mine introduced me to a shake mix that was designed to deliver balanced nutrition at about the same cost as a drugstore nutritional shake such as "boost" or "ensure".  I frequently used these types of products to give my son added protein throughout the day at school when he was feeling a bit overwhelmed.   The shakes were okay but they only had one flavor Jacob would drink - chocolate.

Once we tried the ViSalus shake, we were hooked.  They have so many flavors and different add-ins to change it up a bit so we don't get bored.  Jacob really loves them and often asks me to send extra for his friends at school.   His mood has improved and he appears to be getting better grades.  I am not sure if it is because of this product or not but there has been some improvement overall and I am pleased.

I have started to see a bit of weight loss also and have decided to try the 90 day challenge that they offer on their website, since we were already ordering the product anyway.  I could stand to lose at least forty pounds so I decided to try it - what do I have to lose other than weight.  We are already using the shakes so there is no cost difference than if I buy it at Safeway or ViSalus. 

If you have tried it, please let me know your results, I am interested in hearing from others to see if this has made any difference for their child as it has mine.  Stay tuned to see if I actually do lose the weight :)  It sure would be nice to fit into my skinny jeans again!